Surprisingly, God Himself tells us how to start and operate a business. In fact, early in the creation process, God ordained labor to be one of humanity’s major activities.
When He created the first man, He immediately charged him to get busy (business) and work, to subdue and manage the earth, to tend and look after it (Ge.1:28; 2:15). This means that having work to do, the privilege of a job, is of critical importance.
Do you see your business as your ministry? What does God expect of you in business? And how do you honor Him daily in all you do? What the Bible Says to the Business Leader offers practical, scriptural values for conducting business in a 21st-century world.
What You Can Do to Succeed Personally In Business
- Strive daily to glorify God through your business or your area of responsibility.
- Obey God’s Word in all things.
- Be ambitious to serve others.
- Be a person of integrity—good character—above reproach.
- Work hard—laboring willingly and diligently.
- Strive to walk humbly before all, especially before the Lord.
- Do not think too highly of yourself, nor too lowly.
- Develop outstanding people skills: Learn to be gracious in all your interactions.
- Build healthy relationships with helpful individuals, companies, and associations.
- Overcome a cynical attitude by focusing on the positive.